Users outside the United States and Canada
“When I visit your Site, what personal information do you gather about me, and with whom do you share it?”
In order to fully utilize the Site, you will be required to register by providing certain nonpublic personal information, including without limitation your name, email address, and cell phone number. Please note the Exceptions section below, which describes other circumstances in which Simmons Bedding Company may use and/or disclose your personal information.
It is always your choice as to whether to provide your personal information. However, if you choose not to provide certain information, certain features of the Site may not be available to you. By way of example, you may provide personal information in the following circumstances:
Information provided as answers to questions on the Site is used to provide the results of the quiz. This information is tracked or monitored by Simmons Bedding Company so that we may improve our products and service based on your answers.
Accessing your Personal Favorites. Your name and login information are used to enable you to save content that is of interest to you.
Newsletters and eBlasts. By registering on the site, you will be opting in to receive monthly newsletters and occasional emails. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button on the email.
Email Notifications. You may request that information be sent via email to you or a friend. The email address you provide will be used to send the information to, and a confirmation email will be sent to your email address. If you request that an email be sent to a friend, you are responsible for obtaining the consent of your friend to our use of the friend’s email address for this purpose.
You may voluntarily provide other information through the Site. Personal information voluntarily provided in these circumstances is used and disclosed for the purpose of providing the requested service or information to our customer, for Simmons Bedding Company’s internal business purposes. By opting-out of certain offerings on the Site, you may choose not to receive newsletters or other information regarding our product offerings that Simmons sends to customers from time to time. Simmons provides no warranties or assurances about requested services or information, expressed or implied, including any warranty or condition of merchantability, fitness for a practical purpose, title or non-infringement, among others.
“What about feedback, comments, bulletin board submissions and similar information I provide through interactive portions of the Site?”
Certain portions of the Site may permit you to voluntarily provide feedback, comments or input such as tips, advice, product opinions and the like. Examples of these portions are comments on articles, feedback forms and Ask Simmons. All of this information may be stored by Simmons Bedding Company and posted on the Site to share the benefit of this information with other users. Simmons Bedding Company will not post or use your personal information unless it has first obtained your consent to this use. With your consent, we may use your personal information for other marketing and business activities. However, we may choose not to use the information you submit. You will not be notified if your information will or will not be used.
“How do you keep track of me as I move through the Site?”
“What about email?”
Simmons Bedding Company makes an effort to read every message that comes to us. We also try to respond back within at least 24 hours of its receipt. Simmons Bedding Company will not sell or give out e-mail addresses to anyone, except with your consent or as set forth in the “Exceptions” section below. Simmons Bedding Company saves messages and/or e-mail addresses if it will need to refer to them later to communicate with you about a customer service issue or to send you information that you have indicated you would like to receive.
Other companies besides Simmons Bedding Company, located in the United States and/or Canada, may operate or host the Site or the computers that operate the Site or provide services related to the information requests that you have submitted, on behalf of Simmons Bedding Company; if you’d like more information about those companies, you can contact Simmons Bedding Company using the contact information provided below.Simmons may provide the information you disclose to third party services providers for purposes of providing the services or information requested by you or for emails or promotions that you have consented to receiving.
Ownership/Restrictions On Use
The Website is owned and operated by Simmons Bedding Company. Any and all content, data, graphics, photographs, images, audio, video, software, systems, processes, trademarks, service marks, trade names and other information including, without limitation, the “look and feel” of the Website (collectively, the “Content”) contained in this Website are proprietary to Simmons Bedding Company, its affiliates and/or third-party licensors. The Content is protected by United States copyright and trademark laws.
Except as set forth herein, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, publish, post, transmit, distribute, display, perform, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any Content without the express prior written consent of Simmons Bedding Company. You may download, print and reproduce the Content for your own non-commercial, informational purposes provided you agree to maintain any and all copyright or other proprietary notices contained in such Content, and to cite the URL Source of such Content. Reproduction of multiple copies of the Content, in whole or in part, for resale or distribution is strictly prohibited except with the prior written permission of Simmons Bedding Company. To obtain written consent for such reproduction, please contact us at Support@SleepSells.com.
Registration and Passwords
To access certain portions of the Website, you may be asked to complete an online registration form. In consideration for your use of this Website and the services provided on it, you agree to provide true, current, complete and accurate information as requested on any registration form to which this Website may direct you, and to update that registration information as soon as possible after any information on such registration form changes.
Upon registration, you will choose a username and password. You alone are responsible for keeping that password and username confidential, and for any and all activity that occurs on this Website under such password or username. You agree to immediately notify Simmons Bedding Company of any unauthorized use of your password or username or any other breach of security.
As a condition of your continued access to and use of this Website, you agree to abide by all applicable federal, state and other laws and regulations and the “Code of Conduct” set forth below. Specifically, in addition, without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to:
- upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit any material that:
- constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- infringes any patent, trade-mark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary or privacy rights of any party;
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; or
- contains any form of destructive software such as a virus, worm, Trojan horse, time bomb, cancelbot, or any other harmful components or any other computer file, program or code, designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- harvest or otherwise collect or store any information (including personally identifiable information) about other users of the Website, including e-mail addresses, without the express consent of such users;
- for the purpose of misleading others, create a false identity of the sender or the origin of a message, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted through the Website;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Website, other computer systems or networks connected to the Website, through password mining or any other means;
- interfere with or disrupt networks or servers connected to the Website or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; and
- use, download or otherwise copy, or provide to any person or entity any Website users directory or other user or usage information or any portion thereof other than in the context of your use of the Website.
Contests and Sweepstakes
From time to time we may offer contests or promotions on the Site. Each of these activities shall be governed by specific rules accessible from the pages of the Site offering the promotion or when you submit your entry.
Links to Other Web sites
The Site contains links to other websites (“Linked Sites”). You should carefully review any privacy policies on the Linked Sites; Simmons Bedding Company is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of the Linked Sites. Please also consider that Simmons Bedding Company has no control over and is not responsible for any other aspect of the Linked Sites. Simmons Bedding Company’s reference to or use of a Linked Site does not imply Simmons Bedding Company’s recommendation, approval, affiliation, or sponsorship of the Linked Site. You agree that Simmons Bedding Company shall not be responsible or have any liability, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss arising out of or relating to your interactions with any Linked Site, including without limitation any content, property, goods or services available on any Linked Site.
Links To Third Party Sites Are Not Endorsements
Simmons Bedding Company provides links to Linked Sites as a convenience only, and a link does not imply endorsement of, sponsorship of, or affiliation with the Linked Site by Simmons Bedding Company. Simmons Bedding Company makes no recommendations and has no liability for any products, services or business practices available on, or related to, Linked Sites. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction through a Linked Site or with any third party that operates a Linked Site.
Change in Control
“Change in Control” can be defined as any of the following events:
- Simmons Bedding Company undergoes a reorganization, merger, consolidation, acquisition or other restructuring involving all or substantially all of its voting securities and/or assets, by operation of law or otherwise.
- Simmons Bedding Company becomes insolvent.
- Simmons Bedding Company makes a general assignment for the benefit of creditors.
- Simmons Bedding Company suffers or permits an appointment of a receiver for its business or assets.
- Simmons Bedding Company becomes subject to any proceedings under any bankruptcy or insolvency law, whether domestic or foreign.
- Simmons Bedding Company is liquidated, voluntarily or otherwise.
Revisions & Disclaimer
Storage of Information
Simmons Bedding Company will store information collected via the Site, including, without limitation, your personal information, only as long as is necessary for the purposes for which the information was collected.
Updating your Information
You can access, change, remove and modify the information you previously have provided to Simmons Bedding Company by logging into the Site and following the instructions to update or remove your information.
- Last modified December 9, 2014